CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Just a Note

Thanks so much for visting me.

Please leave a comment to say hello or sign up to follow my blog.

Thursday 1 April 2010

SWEET TREAT CUP WITH WATER TUTORIAL


This 24 page mini catalogue is packed with new goodies and includes 2 new hostess sets. Click on the piccie in my sidebar to view online or if you would like your own free copy please email me.

I would like to thank so many people who have left me comments on my blog hop projects. It was such good fun to see what everyone else came up with too.

So many people have asked how I did the whale card with the treat cup filled with water that I have done my first tutorial. I hope that is makes sense - if you have any questions then get in touch.

SUPPLIES:


Crystal Effects - 101055 - pg 91 of the main Idea Book and Catalogue (IBC) - £4.95
Thick Window Sheets - 117411 - pg 80 of the IBC - £7.95 I have used a 6.5cm square.
Stampin' Glitter - for the whale card I used Turquoise from the Fine Cosmo set - 117399 - pg 86 of the IBC
Sweet Treat Cups - 116802 - pg 9 of the Mini Catalogue - £2.50 for 12.
Teaspoon measuring spoon


1. Put a tiny amount of glitter in the Sweet Treat Cup - do not use too much as when you add the water it will go clumpy.


2. Measure just over 1 teaspoon of water into the cup - it should be about 1/3 full. This amount allows the image to be seen behind nicely.

3. Remove the liner tape from the rim of the cup. Remove the blue backing sheet from one side of the thick window sheet and put this side onto the adhesive of the cup. Press REALLY FIRMLY all the way round. Remove the other blue backing sheet, by keeping this sheet on means that you wont get fingerprints whilst firming the window sheet onto the adhesive.

4. Turn over and now run a line of crystal effects around the edge of the cup just over the rim and on the window sheet. LEAVE TO DRY.

5. Once dry you are now ready to make your card.

I would love to see your examples with this technique so please link back to me and I can visit you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stampin'

Elaine
xx

3 comments:

  1. fab tutorial Elaine thanks so much, will give this one a try
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for a great tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have put a link back to your blog today from my blog on a little project I did. thanks for sharing.

    Peg

    ReplyDelete