CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Just a Note

Thanks so much for visting me.

Please leave a comment to say hello or sign up to follow my blog.

Sunday 27 February 2011

3 Squares Challenge

I think that my mojo may have made a return!

I have just discovered Less is More, a challenge blog, with the aim of keeping it CAS (clean and simple). This week's challenge is 3 squares.

I am quite pleased with this card and my hubby likes it to!

I must admit that the colour was not going to be Perfect Plum. I had intended to make the squares Baja Breeze but had forgot to clean my brayer!!!!

I made a mask from grid paper using the 1 3/8" sqaure punch.


SUPPLIES:
Stamp Set: Pocket Silhouettes
Card: Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Ink: Baja Breeze - on top of an unclean brayer! Black Staz On, Versamark
Accessories: Black Journaler pen, clear embossing powder


THe tidying the craft room has gone well and I have even managed to put all my scraps into polypockets labelled with the colour - I have a lot of scraps. Maybe I should take a picture of the bulging file. I do aim to use up as much of the scraps as possible.

I seem to keep the tiniest piece of card - good for punching out little things, so keep coming back to see if I have used some scraps!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stampin'

Elaine

xx

28 comments:

  1. You sound like a kindred spirit Elaine... I keep scraps to use up the tiniest pieces and I also love the stamp set you have used for this card.
    I used mine in a very similar manner recently!
    Love the drawn rectangle with the sentiment inserted part way.
    Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you next week!
    Chrisse
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card,it's well balanced, crisp and clean, the colour works well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine
    love this Stamp set ...and love what you have done with it
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! That's a lovely stamp set and works so well on this card. I love the colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - went to a SU workshop yesterday with this set on my wish list but came away with something different - will I rgret my decision???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Elaine. I almost used this stamp set for my card too. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine this is lovely. One of my favourite sets and so easy to use and achieve fab results like this. Glad I'm not alone in forgetting to clean the brayer! Hugs Zoƫ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Elaine, one of my favourite sets!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have more boxes of scrap than anything I think lol
    Super card, love the amount of white space, and the drawn rectangle [very ell presented]
    Thank you!
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, well done.
    Maureen......x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, and it passed the husband test!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have TONS of scraps, but periodically, I sort through them and throw out anything smaller than 3x3. I have these stamps...and I love how you've used them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card. I too keep and use my scraps!!! Leaves more money for new things LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. The drawn frame sets of the sentiment perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the colour (even if it was accidental) and these are some of my favourite stamps. The rectangle is beautifully done, with the sentiment positioned perfectly. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, wonderful colours.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very elegant card Elaine, love the stamps you've used and how you've placed the sentiment in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I have that stamp set on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this card and those stamps are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  20. We were thinking the same thing! My card is SO much like yours even though I only saw it for the first time after I had already posted mine. Even the order in which the images are stamped are the same! A bit spooky really LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the way you have draw the line round the card with the sentiment at the bottom, looks very classy. Lovely images too. Great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like this card and the composition. Well done for using up some scraps!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely images and wonderful composition.

    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card Elaine, this is another stamp set on my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep trying that drawn border with the sentiment in it but mine just doesn't turn out like yours! I love your masked and brayered card and worth not cleaning your brayer I think for the lovely surprise colour!

    ReplyDelete